Re: Stand-in color before images load

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> A more general way however, to detect whether or not images are being
> load for the complete document could save a lot more issues that might
> come up. Something like
>
>  :supported("image/gif","image/png") div#contact{
>  }

I don’t see how this has anything to do with which file formats the
browser supports. What if the images load slowly, or not at all because
the link is broken or the server is in 'slashdot-mode' and only serving
text and xml, or if the visitor has disabled images. This is not a
general solution for all those things.

~Grauw