RE: Wrapping paragraphs around blocks

"Barry" wrote:
> It's not valid to put a block-level element within a paragraph, so I was
> forced to put text that I wanted wrapped around a list (the green list at
> http://www.polisource.com/consumer-protection.shtml ) in a <div> instead >
of
> a <p>. That removes the semantics that a paragraph tag would represent, so

> it's not a good solution. I could use an image, but then I'd have to
> duplicate the list in the alt text or in a title.

As far as I would see it, because the list is being wrapped around by
outside text, it would be semantically correct for that list to be contained
within a <div> (divisional) tag.  That would separate that list from the
body text.  Containing a list within a paragraph is also, in my opinion,
contradictory and therefore NOT semantically correct.

Now then, putting the body text into a paragraph is STILL possible.  You can
force the list's container to float to the right-hand side of the text,
which would also force that text to wrap around the text.  It's a simple as
that.

Good luck,
W. Leon Sutton, Jr. - www.hyponiqs.com