Re: ECMAScript in CSS aka "Expressions"

Bert Bos wrote:

> Not quite sure if this is what you mean, but the working group recently
> decided to investigate the implications of allowing simple, linear
> expressions as values. For example:
>
>     width: expr(50% + 5px);
>     font-size: expr(2em / 3 + 2px);
>     padding-right: expr(1px + 1ex - 5%);

Wow, the Return of the Revenge of Chris Wilson 2... Chris proposed that
in 1997 IIRC.

There's a case that we have all hit designing web pages, a case that made
all web+css designers stress and wish the CSS WG burn forever in hell:

   width: expr(25% - 20px);
   margin-left: 10px;
   margin-right: 10px;

With my editor's implementor hat on, I can assure you that this is not
going to make my life harder, but simpler. That's going to make everyone's
life simpler. Oh, well, not everyone ;-)

</Daniel>
--
Disruptive Innovations SARL, the geeks behind Nvu