Re: [css3-values] attr() function

Orion Adrian schreef:

>I think it's unreasonable to think that languages will always use the
>CSS color syntax. There will always need to be some sort of conversion
>function. With HTML4, it's fairly simple, but even so, there's no
>conversion function even for something as simple as putting a # in
>front.

If anything, it will encourage new languages which can have CSS applied
to them to use CSS naming conventions and syntax for e.g. their colour
names. I only think that is a good thing.

And otherwise, a thing like your language specific function, or rather,
having language specific types, is indeed an option. E.g. Mozilla could
implement color: attr(color, -moz-html-color); or something which would
then accept colours without # in ‘quirks mode’.

Assuming they would want to implement it through CSS like that... :)

~Grauw