Re: [CSS21] Nested Counters and Scope

On Friday 22 July 2005 20:45, L. David Baron wrote:

> Sure, there are alternatives for what the behavior should be.  It could
> be that the declaration should be considered an error (and thus be
> ignored).

Okay. I guess I just believe it should be an error.  An author setting a reset
or increment twice in all likelyhood didn't mean to, whether it is the result
of typo or of two conflicting scripts.

I might not have the greatest experience in carefully reading standards, but I
am shocked at how many minor and for everyday irrelevant corner-cases, that
sneaked into the initial implementation of counters in Konqueror. Surely I am
one to to blame, but I find it dangerous that the spec could be that
misunderstandable.
At this point though, I guess it is probably safer to leave the semantics of
the spec in their current form and only improve the text.

`Allan