Re: CSS is doomed (10 years per version ?!?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: CSS is doomed (10 years per version ?!?)

| > As for the innovation point. The only product that hasn't seen much
| > development is IE. The core components of Windows often see
| > improvement. Microsoft by no means sits still. There media player has
|
| My perception is that in the area that most overlaps with W3C, Microsoft
| have been concentrating on support for .NET "rich" clients, i.e. Common
| Language Runtime thick clients.  I assume that is because there is
| effective competition in the browser based thin client arena, and they
| would rather divert the market into one where they have the monopoly.
| My impression is also that they are mainly interested in intranet
| applications, because that is, probably, where the development tool
| money goes.

XAML:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/01/Avalon/

XAML versus HTML + CSS:
http://www.longhornblogs.com/rrelyea/archive/2004/04/30/3278.aspx

XAML style sheets:
http://blogs.msdn.com/mitchw/articles/68541.aspx

It is going to be a new entity to be short.
Language for distributed (over the Internet) business applications.

Why fight against windmills if you can just win by providing different
solution?
It is their right and it should be honored if it will benefit rest of us.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com