Re: Supporting propriety "Extensions"

Ian Hickson wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, David R wrote:
>>
>> After having a quick look through the CSS3 spec, I can't see anything
>> relating to the support of 3rd party and propriety "extensions" on the
>> standard.
>
>The CSS3 specs are not as up to date as the CSS2.1 spec, which covers this
>subject:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#q4

To David: Note that CSS21 is still only a Candidate Recommendation. All
things written there may still change until it becomes a REC.

To Ian: I still haven't seen any substantial (in fact, any at all) answer
from the WG on my [1] and others' [2] vehement objection to allowing
identifiers to start with an (unquoted) hyphen. Can you (or do you know
someone who can) comment on this issue? Note that this is an issue at the
Core Grammar level and will therefore stick with CSS forever.

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005Jan/0071.html>
[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Jun/0013.html>

Regards, Christian.