Re: [css3-background], comments on 'border-radius'

Ben Ward wrote:
>>You are right. Gecko engine already supports rounded-corners, and for
>>exemple, it renders pretty good on that blog :
>>http://ljouanneau.com/blog/
>
> Gecko does have the beginnings of support, though I believe the
> current Gecko syntax is slightly different from the CSS3 proposal.
> It doesn't smooth (anti-alias) the edges of curves though, which means
> it can be a little ugly in some places. If they get that fixed I'll be
> a happy man.

I do not know the exact details about the Gecko implementation and
whether it is different, but what I do know is that it is still
experimental (ok, what else can it be with the spec still in WD :)), and
for example doesn't support a non-solid borders yet.

Yet, it is used quite often already, on a fair number of sites. It is
also a property which lends itself to 'progressive enhancement' pretty
well (as in: it scales down well on non-supporting browsers). So, given
that the property is already as popular as it is now, it would be a
shame to take this out.

By the way, in low-contrast settings, or small-scale ones, the lack of
anti-aliasing can be quite unnoticeable, so anti-aliasing is, although
desireable, not a prerequisite for it to be usable.

~Grauw