Re: [css3-background], comments on 'box-shadow'

On Thursday 17 February 2005 01:01, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> As soon as you have border image defined
> 'box-shadow' attribute is not needed.
>
> It is easy to define shadow of the box (or reach the same visual effect) by
> using border image (possibly with alpha). See
> http://terrainformatica.com/w3/expandable.png as an example.
> (third box from bottom)
>
> And border image paradigm is more universal.

Images would not be dynamic the same way. And the box-shadow property is much
more convinient to use than to generate a lot of shadow-images. Since we
already have need a shadow engine to implement text-shadows, implementing the
box-shadow is almost free.

`Allan