Re: [CSS3] tabbed(stacked) ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>

>> Some thoughts about:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/#tabbed
>>
>> Seems like CSS indeed is entering "behavioral style" area.
>>
>> Tabbed panels switch is a typical UI element/component and it appearead
>> first
>> as far as I remember in IBM's CUA documents.
>
> Andrew,
>
> See
>
> http://daniel.glazman.free.fr/weblog/archived/2003_01_05_glazblogarc.html#87183885
> http://daniel.glazman.free.fr/weblog/targetExample.html#general
> and http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/target.html

Thanks, Daniel,

I saw them while ago, but this is still not a solution -
it describe change of state but is silent about how.

I understand that strictly speaking "behaviors" are out of
current CSS scope. But as someone (Orion Adrian?) mentioned here,
selectors as an entity are separate from CSS - at least they can be
reused for assigning behaviors/rules.

In any case it should be some mechanism allowing to specify
transition of states. We've started speaking about :checked,
:current, :selected, etc. without any idea who, when and how can set them.

Any ideas of how such DSTL (dom state transition language) should look
like? My personal experience with htmlayout where each input control and
their subparts are plain styleable DOM elements shows that it can be
surprisingly simple language. Sort of SQL with triggers.

WHEN selector IS GETTING/LOOSING state
    SET ...
and so on...

Andrew Fedoniouk.