Re: [CSS21] Examples

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> >> This comment is sent from both the CDF WG and the SVG WG.
> >>
> >>   Examples usually have the word "example" near their start ("Example:",
> >>   "The following example?," "For example," etc.) and are shown in the
> >>   color maroon, like this paragraph.
> >>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/conform.html#q1
> >>
> >> Why 'usually'?
>
> IH> Because it depends on the configuration of the user agent.
>
> Which, the color or the text?

Both.

> If the latter, please state that the author style sheet adds the word
> Example and that the user style sheet might over ride this (if that is
> what is happening). If not, then I don't understand your comment about
> configuration.

At this point in the specification it would be silly to refer to future
parts of the specification since it is the part of the spec that is
explaining how to read those future parts.

> IH> All examples have the word "example" in their "class" attribute, which is
> IH> (as described in that section) used to style the paragraphs appropriately.
>
> Great. Please say so in the spec.

Refering to the markup used is quite inappropriate. It would help almost
none of our readers, and probably just confuse the beginners.