Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On Friday 2005-08-26 15:46 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> On Thursday 2005-08-25 15:57 +0200, Chris Lilley wrote:
> >  - all examples are available in separate files as well as inline in the
> >  specification

> These are reasonable requests for the development of future CSS
> specifications.

... although whether making all examples available in separate files
is worthwhile depends on the character and number of the examples.

Also, doing so may also have some negative influence in that it would
encourage people to test using the examples in the specification
*instead* of the test suite, leading to lower quality testing.  The
examples in the specification are designed as explanatory tools whereas
tests in the test suite are designed for testing.  So I actually
disagree with this request as well.

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation