Re: Gradients in CSS3?

Ben Ward wrote:

>>background-color: gradient(blue, white, 0, 0, 100%, 100%);
>>

>You see, here kinda lies my point about complicating the syntax. What
>you've got there is a lot of inputs to that function and I don't know
>if that kind of complexity is in best the interests of CSS. It also
>doesn't specify a direction, so would require another value input as
>well.

While I think it does specify direction (from two first values to two
second ones) but I got your point. Then may be just a list of keywords:
'left-right', 'top-bottom', 'tl-br', 'bl-tr'. Just these four. They give
direction and I think cover most use cases (well, may be not most but
many). And flexibility, as you say, goes to SVG.

>That is far less flexible though, and I
>can't see that any user of CSS would have problem using degrees;

I'm talking about complexity for authors. CSS is mostly hand-written
after all, and it's hard to count atan(57/143) in mind.