Re: [css3-values] New WD for Values & Units

Boris Zbarsky:
> Christoph Päper wrote:
>>> So when I print a 100px wide image on my 1200dpi laser printer, it
>>> would come out about 2mm wide?
>>
>> Sure, if one of its dots makes one pixel.
>
> That's not a reasonable approach, really.

The really reasonable approach would be true angular units, not one in
disguise, using the name of a traditionally non-angular unit.

If the printer driver offered a zoom feature, that would be another
story completely.

> Consider that the author never specified the size of this image --
> 100px is just its intrinsic size as a bitmap...

Then everything else specified in pixels would scale proportionally.