Re: css2.1 question

Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>OK, but /how/ will you update it ?  Follow the
>original poster's suggestion, to use lower-case
>for document element names, or present a document
>fragment that purports to be XHTML yet uses
>upper-case element names ?

The convention appears to also be violated here:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#first-letter> (first
example, as well as further down).  In both cases, these are
fragments with unidentified document languages.

And here: <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#q7> (Anonymous
inline box example).  Note this example is identified in the text as
HTML.

And here: <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#floats> (noted as
the Example).  Unidentified document language.

I'll stop looking now, but Philip's example is not isolated.
Frankly, I don't see the need for this convention at all.  There is
no ambiguity in any of these fragments.  While it may be a good
convention for the authors to adhere to as part of an internal style
guide, perhaps, I don't see any need for that convention to be
expressed in the spec itself.  Anyone who would be confused by any of
these "problem" examples probably shouldn't be reading the spec at
all.

--

-Adam Kuehn