Re: Style confirmation descriptors

Barry wrote:
>> Barry was talking about only applying
>> anti-aliasing to borders with a width of 2 pixels or more. Though I
>> don't know why it would not apply to 1-pixel borders.
>
> Because I wanted "slight" anti-aliasing to be the default, and I was
> thinking that adding anti-aliasing pixels to a one pixel-width border
> would kind of double the width while anti-aliasing a two pixel-width
> border would increase the width by only 1/3, which would blend with the
> straight, un-anti-aliased part better.

Anti-aliasing is a technique that serves the purpose to reduce the
(ugly) visibility of jagged edges caused by the squareness of pixels. It
doesn’t make lines wider, nor narrower, when applied correctly (at least
to the human eye). A 1-pixel arched line can be anti-aliased quite well.
Especially with sub-pixel anti aliasing.

>> Now unless someone's going to bring in some new ideas to this and some
>> of the other discussions, I'm getting a bit tired of it....When
>> discussing new
>> things, let's also not invent new syntax for everything we want. I think
>> proposing one or a few additional properties has a much higher chance of
>> success.
>
> I guess you're referring to my Style Confirmation Descriptors.

Not specifically.

~Grauw