Re: [css3-background] comments

Emrah BASKAYA wrote:
> Tho I like it, I am not surprised there are people who doesn't. Leaving it
> to the user-agent is still a good idea. Then the user-agent will have the
> option to turn it on or off. So it should be the user-agents problem, as
> I've said earlier.

Text needs to be legible, but graphics like borders need to look good. A
user agent should provide an option to turn off anti-aliasing even for
non-text because it's an easy feature to implement, but I don't think anyone
would complain about a slightly anti-aliased corners, like the ones in
http://www.fabrica.com/Graphics/HCR/ShapesRounded.jpg .

Maybe slight anti-aliasing for border widths of at least two pixels should
be the default. For anti-aliasing single-pixel borders or for extra
anti-aliasing or to turn off all anti-aliasing, there could be a property
that needs to be set.

If any of the browsers that I care about don't support border anti-aliasing
in one way or another, I'll use images.