Re: Style confirmation descriptors

Barry wrote:
> direction: Indicates the direction in which you're describing the
> test-webpage. For example, top to bottom, left to right, etc.
>
> find: Contains as many new "descriptors" as you want to add to the CSS
> specification. This is where the test-webpage (the part specified by loc)
> will really be described. I haven't given much thought to what should be
> allowed here, but I included an example.

Okay. The problem with this feature is that you *have to* define how
'direction' and 'find' work. It may be a rough description, but you
must have some idea how it *could* be implemented as a computer
program.

Also, you have to figure out how you encode those "descriptors" in
CSS terms if you want to inlude those descriptions in the CSS file.

I consider this current proposal way too broad to really suggest
anything else but "it would be nice to be able to verify that UA
undertood the CSS rules correctly". I fail to see use case for that
feature alone -- is this kind of feature needed at all because all
you could find is that UA failed to style the page as you intended?
That doesn't provide even close enough information to fix the
problem with some other CSS rules. If, on the other hand, all you
want is to ignore some ruleset because UA fails to correctly
implement it, @require-all (see recent discussion) or similar
feature would work for that purpose and would be *much* easier to
implement in UA.

--
Mikko