Re: Form Input Elements Craziness

At 1:34 AM +0000 10/18/04, Lukas Bradley wrote:
>Then why does the second input element have a shaded border in most
>browsers I try?

This isn't really the right forum to ask about what specific browsers
do with specific CSS declarations.  CSS-Discuss is a much better
place for that.  You can join that list, which is designed pretty
much to answer practical CSS use questions, by going here
<http://www.css-discuss.org/>.  However, in the spirit of
helpfulness, here is a recent posting to CSS-Discuss that may help
you.  It won't answer the "why" of your question, but should go a
long way to answering the "what", as in, what works and what doesn't
in what browsers:

-------------------
A couple of weeks ago I sent a message about my collection of styled
form controls. Well, I've spent some more time on that, and revised
the article. It now includes screenshots of (nearly) all available
form controls in eleven different browsers on three operating
systems, all styled in twelve different ways. If you're trying to
style form controls, taking a look at this before you start may be a
good idea :)

<
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200410/styling_even_more_form_controls/ >

/Roger Johansson