Re: thoughts on non-compliant browsers

Anne van Kesteren (fora) wrote:
> Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

>>>Yes, because it's a _font_ zoom.  It simply sets the equivalent of
>>>!important font-size rules in the user stylesheet, like I said.
>>
>>It seems that the ONLY issue is that CSS doesn't have a method to
>>scale background images. This limits styles like the one the OP was
>>using. If one could strech the background image to always fill the
>>element it's background of, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
>
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-background-20020802/#background-size>

I assume you've read most of the thread. As you remember, the OP was
whining how Mozilla's font zoom made his site look "incorrect".
Pointing to CSS3 specification isn't going to help his problem, is it?

After saying that, I'm aware that this list isn't for end user nor
page author support. So, I'd recommend the OP to join
c.i.w.a.stylesheets -- just remember to read
http://css.nu/faq/ciwas-mFAQ.html first.

--
Mikko