Re: @viewport at-rule and 'title' (was Re: [css3] :viewport pseudo-class)

Nope.  Not a joke.  All that pair of rules would do is if an element has
a title attribute, use it create the tooltip and if not then it would try to
use the alt attribute.  I was making no comment on the desirability
of this method. merely showing how the choice that is uses by
some UAs (including IE) could be expressed in CSS if there
was a ::tooltip pseudo-element