Re: thoughts on non-compliant browsers

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> I read your post most carefully, thank you.  If the text is large, then the
> users won't have issues reading it and won't zoom and there won't be a problem,
> right?  After all, it's not like the font zoom will accidentally end up zoomed
> from the last time they used the browser, or something.

OK, I must not be making my point clearly. I am saying we have
designated part of the view to be held at one font-size (large). The
rest of the page can be resized at will. The font zoom does not scale up
the background-image. The result in mozilla is that the text overflowing
does not display.

> On the other hand, if the users can't read your text even at the size it's at,
> then surely it's better for them to be able to read it after all then for them
> to simply give up on trying to read your page?
>

>>Pixel font sizes is the problem we face if we want mozilla to render the
>>page correctly.
>

> Yes, but like I said nothing makes pixel font sizes special.

a pixel is a pixel. it does not resize unless you change your resolution.