Re: CSS3

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:26:57 -1000, hrhrhr hahaha <kevking@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> A new way to link to stylesheets, AND an assurance from ALL the browser
> members of w3c that they WON'T implement it without either FULL support
> or if only particial, then their browser ignores the rule, (as they
> should have in versions 1 and 2. Ahem!)

Why would you want one?  There's already a half-dozen ways in which styles
can be applied to documents, depending on type.

> Suggestions for future rules/proposals/whatever they're called this week:

Properties.  They've always been called properties.

See <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-content/#block>
and <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-lists/#markers>

> More border styles/variations.

There's 11 already.  If that's not enough, there's always
<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-border/#the-border-image-uri>

Like <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-border/#the-border-radius>?

> A way of doing 'graphics' and designs other than square or boxed.
> A circle would be a nice change, or maybe other shapes WITHOUT using a
> bullet code and then applying font-size, etc. to that! (Yeh I know jpgs
> and gifs and pngs etc exist! And Yeh, I know about the Vector graphics
> proposals.)

SVG is more than a proposal.  It's a Recommendation.
See <http://www.w3.org/TR/svg11/>

SVG is also much, much better suited to what you want to do.  CSS is
extremely unlikely to do any overlap in this area.

> If I think of any more, I'll be sure to post them as suggestions to the
> W3C so they can safely be ignored and/or not used.

Before you think of any more suggestions that will be "ignored", you may
want to do a little more reading.

--
J. King
http://jking.dark-phantasy.com/