  From: Martin E
  To: Richard Weir
  Cc: www-style@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 7:39 PM
  Subject: Re: Adding header information to a css stylesheet

  You're on the right list...

  Here are two links that explain exactly how to do what you want. Be warned that IE 5.x, 6.0 does _not_ support the content property:

  1.    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html
  2.    http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_gen_content.asp

  Basically, the content property is used with the :before & :after pseudo-elements. They generate content you specify either before or after the selector.

  Martin E.