Re: [CSS21] response to issue 115 (and 44)

On Wednesday, February 18, 2004, 2:29:36 PM, Bert wrote:

BB> Boris Zbarsky writes:
>>
>> Bert Bos wrote:
>> >     [This is a response to the response to issue 44 as well.]
>> >     The new text reads:
>>
>> Great!  I have one tiny little nit...
>>
>> >       5. charset of referring document (if any)
>>
>> The referring thing could also be a stylesheet, of course (@import
>> rules), in which case I would think this should be the charset of that
>> stylesheet.

BB> Accepted. Added "...referring _stylesheet or_ document..."

So, one stylesheet referred to from two different documents with
different encodings, might get processed two different ways?

Is there really any need to add a fifth, potentially incompatible, way
to say the same thing to the four ways that already exist?

BB> (Now please implement it, because we're not sure that many browsers
BB> actually work like that, currently. And if we don't find two that do,
BB> we'll have to take it out again before making CSS 2.1 a Recommendation
BB> :-) )

BB> Bert

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group