Re: [css3-page] Is auto a page identifier or not?

Ernest Cline wrote:
> Unless you can think of a better reason than there might be another
> keyword that would be useful without a suggestion of what it might be,

Not offhand, but I've now spent a grand total of about 10 minutes
looking at the CSS2 spec's section on paged content.... perhaps someone
who has more experience with the problem space the spec is targeting
would be someone to ask.

I just pointed out that given that "auto" is in fact an identifier,
"auto | <identifier>" is somewhat meaningless.  It could be simplified
to "<identifier>", as someone suggested, with default value remaining
and the normative text explaining that the "auto" identifier is magic
for this particular property in a particular way remaining.

It's too bad that CSS2 completely shut out all future possibilities of
extension here.

-Boris