Re: [CSS21] response to issue 66

Bert Bos wrote:
>     Section 8.5.4 (Border shorthand properties: 'border-top',
>     'border-bottom', 'border-right', 'border-left', and 'border')
>     <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/box.html#border-shorthand-properties>
>     The heading should list top, right, bottom, left in that order,
>     probably.
>
> CSS WG response:
>     Not changed.

Again, may I inquire why?  The top-right-bottom-left order is the
standard order for all side-related things in CSS; listing things in a
different order is very confusing to readers, who then waste time trying
to figure out why the order was changed in this one instance.

Is there a good reason to keep the order as-is?  Or is the goal to avoid
unnecessary changes?  (I can sympathize with that, for extensive
changes, but this change just involves swapping "right" and "bottom"
there....)

-Boris