Re: The Conflicting Notions of Ease of Use and Need for Authoring Tools

* David Woolley wrote:
>> With my Nvu [2] hat on, and working on both markup and style languages since
>> 1991, I have to agree with you. Saying complexity in CSS is not a problem
>> because Wysiwyg editors should be able to hide that complexity to web authors
>> is just a false assertion. It's a false assertion because it defers complexity
>
>I read Orion as wanting *more* complexity in CSS.  Certainly it is added
>complexity that keeps getting rejected with the argument to do it in the
>authoring tool.

Orion and Daniel discuss ease of use of CSS for web authors, you seem to
discuss something quite different like ease of implementation of CSS, or
how much effort it takes to fully understand all of CSS. It seems you
consider only one notion of "complexity in CSS" while Daniel considers
multiple notions such as "authoring complexity" and "implementation
complexity"; it might make more sense to use different terms then.