Re: :matches pseudo-class (Re: Nested and non-nested elements: pseudoclasses)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> > What he wants is kind of a reference to other elements inside a
selector.

> Such a proposal has been made. The syntax wasn't clear yet, but I
> thought it looked like:

>    foo:matches(bar){
>     background:lime
>    }
>
> You will probably not see this in CSS3 tough. Maybe in CSS4 or as UA
> extensions.

No, no, you're missing the point.  I'm looking for non-nested elements.

I'm looking for, more or less, something like:
<foo>[content]</foo>
<blah>[content]</blah>
<bar />

relative to the markup.  The idea is to control the behavior of <bar />'s
style through interaction with the <foo>...</foo> element.  See what I'm
saying?

-Leon Sutton