line-height: <length> should be revoked

I start this thread here on advice of the expert respondents to the
thread I started "Source of Computed Line-Height" on
news:netscape.public.mozilla.layout Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:57:27 -0400.

The author of the Konqueror browser home page homepage
http://www.konqueror.org/ has set

	body {font-size: 100%; line-height: 1.2em;} and nothing for H1.

The H1 there overlaps in Mozilla, Opera, and Safari
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/ss/konq-org.png (19.2px line-height for 32px
text), but not in IE6 or Konqueror 3.1.1.

I'm having a problem imagining a rational basis to allow line-height for
any particular block to be calculated based upon anything other than the
font-size of that block. IOW, for this particular case, the line-height:
1.2em in body applied to H1 should be applied to the font-size of the H1
(32px here), from whereever derived (here, UA stylesheet), resulting in
a computed line-height of 38.4px.

If doing this is counter to css inheritance law, then any currently
legal values for line-height permitting such a result should be made
illegal. This, if our colleague respondents are correct in response in
that thread and I understand them correctly, should leave the first two
lines on http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-line-height to
read:

     'line-height'
          Value:  	normal | <number> | inherit

and the last in first paragraph:

     Computed value: as specified
--
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others..."
                                                1 Peter 4:10 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/