Re: [CSS] Lengths relative to the line height

James Craig wrote:

> Isn't the default line-height 1.2em? Unless you redefine it, you could
> use em units times 1.2...

The default is pretty relative, at least for me. A user could set a
different default or there may be times where I specify a cascading
rule where I don't know if the default line height is changed.

> However, it sounds potentially useful. Do you have a specific use for
> this in mind? If so, please elaborate so we can get a better grasp of
> your intention. I having trouble imagining an example.

The only example I have in mind, right now, is where I have a
floated element which I would like to make exactly N lines tall,
without leaving gap at the bottom which could get almost one line
(if the floated element takes just a little bit of it).

Probably it is not so important but I've thought it sounds
interesting, too.

--
Stanimir