Re: Core syntax error handling

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Indeed, which is why the spec should explicitly say _how_ to handle
> them. It already does so for many errors (invalid values, unknown
> properties, etc). Increasing it to cover ill-formed stylesheets is
> the next step.

Hmm, my point was that the spec does say explicitly how to recover from
grammar errors, and yet many user agents get it wrong in one way or
another. Explicitly stating how to recover from invalid tokens will
complicate the spec and does not guarantee compliant behaviour from
 every user agent.

Michael