Re: CSS3 Color: Interaction of opacity and rgba

On 7/23/03 5:44 PM, "REFSTRUP,JACOB (HP-Vancouver,ex1)"
<jacob.refstrup@hp.com> wrote:

> I had a question around opacity and rgba and their interaction based on the
> CSS3 Color module. Suppose the following style sheet:
>
> span {
> color: rgba(100%,0,0,0.5);
> opacity: 0.1
> }
>
> Does both "alpha" values apply? I.e. would the text inside a span render
> with an effective opacity of 0.05 onto its parents element?

In short, yes.  The color is painted when and how you would any other color.
The entire element (with children, text and decorations already composited)
is then drawn/composited at the given opacity for that element.

Tantek