RE: Center DIV

> From: Ian Hickson [mailto:ian@hixie.ch]
>
> The 'position: center' case would not be a macro at all -- it
> would be a
> fifth type of positioning, separate from 'absolute',
> 'static', 'relative',
> and 'fixed'. It is not a shorthand for anything.

For clarity...

What would be its meaning? That the Element would be positioned relative to the center of the containing box?

Although this doesn't get you horizontal and vertical center in one swing, position: absolute; on a parent Element would make easy work of the problem... . I think it would be much easier for those learning CSS and standards to grasp, too.

But what if you wanted something vertically centered and horizontally left-aligned? Would position: center get in your way?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm considering using a webmail account (that would have ads instead of my work e-mail attachments...) for this list. I tried signing up to this list via admin@soopahman.com, a regular address of mine, but the signup was ignored... . I can't find any documentation on admin@*.com being ignored by W3C mailing lists... .

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/

(this is a public mailing list - ignore attachment)

Thank you.