Re: Center DIV

On Friday, Jul 4, 2003, at 16:58 Europe/London, Ian Hickson wrote:

> I don't really see the value of having "macro" propoerties, especially
> if
> they're going to be longer than the equivalent existing CSS1.

The value would be make it obvious to users what the intention was and
to increase the semantic association. The benefits would be less
confusion about centering and longer term reliability of the
properties, since the function and the name meaning will always be the
same.

>> How could the block being aligned be instructed to shrink wrap it's
>> contents? Is this the intent of the proposed "intrinsic" and
>> "min-instrinsic" keywords for the width property. If so, excellent.
>
> Pretty much.

How exactly would they be different?

Ben

(q)	Ben Godfrey?