Re: Center DIV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Afternoon" <afternoon@uk2.net>
Subject: Re: Center DIV

> I recommend writing non-standard HTML such as that required to create a
> 100% table. Just leave out the DOCTYPE. Who cares if it validates. The
> view of people who wish to center block level objects and the view of
> the W3C CSS working group will not be harmonised for some time yet.

Saying "I recommend writing non-standard HTML" and "who cares if it
validates" is extremely unhelpful. I suggest that Jonas ignores this rather
silly advice from Ben.

Instead, I strongly recommend visiting the excellent "Web Page Design for
Designers" website, where you will find the following article:-

http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/wpd0103.htm#toptip

A good method for centering vertically and horizontally is fully described
and demonsrated with code examples. It works on all current browsers.

Simon Jessey

w: http://jessey.net/blog/
e: simon@jessey.net