Re: Response to XBL Thread

At 09:06 PM 1/4/2003 -0800, David Hyatt wrote:

>Rather than get involved in the huge XBL thread, I am following the
>advice Tantek gave to Shelby and posting my own position in my weblog
>(instead of on this list).
>
>Interested parties can read it here:
>
>http://www.mozillazine.org/weblogs/hyatt/
>2002_12_29_mozillian_archive.html#90143336

A disadvantage is that your points are no longer searchable from Search box
at w3.org.  Mine posts show up more prominently.

Also it is not adviseable to write a static position paper, when crucial
discussion is ongoing, unless you plan to revise it as necessary, or unless
you already made up mind that you are right.

I'd prefer to write my position paper later when discussion ends, as I
indicated to Tantek.  Unfortunately he still felt compelled to tell me I
was wrong for not putting up a position paper now.

-Shelby Moore