Re: WD-CSS21-20020802 section 16, "Text", substantive comments

Fantasai wrote to <www-style@w3.org> on 16 November 2002 in 'Re:
WD-CSS21-20020802 section 16, "Text", substantive comments'
(<mid:3DD6EDCF.8070106@escape.com>):

[about the 'text-align' property]
> CSS3 Text defines 'start' to handle this, so CSS2 shouldn't define 'auto'.

That was an oversight on my part.  I agree.

>> Change to "This property is not inherited, but inline-level boxes whose
>> closest block-level ancestor has text decoration must be formatted with the
>> same decoration (e.g., they should all be underlined)."
>
>section {text-decoration: underline}
>
><section>
>   <title>Section A</title.
>   <unorderedlist>
>     <listitem>You suggest that this should not be underlined?</listitem>
>   </unorderedlist>
></section

The 'listitem' element gets text decoration from the 'section' element if
and only if the 'unorderedlist' element gets text decoration from the
'section' element.  So I suggest that the 'listitem' element will look like
the 'unorde

>hyperlink : A reference (link) from some point in one hypertext
>             document to (some point in) another document or
>             another place in the same document.
>  from The Free Online Dictionary of Computing

The definition above is faulty in several ways.  (Reference is confused
with relationship and the term "point" smothers the possibility of anchors
that are ranges.)

> > Change "Letter" in the heading to "Grapheme cluster".
>
> [...] Even if everything is
> changed in the prose, the heading should not be changed so that
> the reader can tell from the table-of-contents link or the section
> heading what this section is about.

This is a strong point.  I agree.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>