Re: @namespace and CSS 2.1

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Robin Berjon wrote:

> At which point along the axis ranging from simple parser to behemoth browser
> does something count as an implementation?

# implementation
#     a user agent which:
#        1. implements the feature.
#        2. is available (i.e. publicly downloadable or available through
#           some other public point of sale mechanism). This is the "show
#           me" requirement.
#        3. is shipping (i.e. development, private or unofficial versions
#           are insufficient).
#        4. is not experimental (i.e. is intended for a wide audience and
#           could be used on a daily basis.)
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/#status

However, that is not all that is required. While I imagine that
CSS::SAC would count as an implementation, it would need custom tests,
and would therefore require another implementation able to pass the
same tests in order to confirm interoperability. See the page quoted
above for the full requirements of our CR exit criteria.

Incidentally, @namespace isn't to be found in the CSS3 Selectors
module. The @namespace rule itself will be in the Syntax module, which
we have not yet had the opportunity to make much progress on. The
Selectors module only contains the selectors part of the proposal.