Re: CSS 3 Namespaces WD comment: DOM?

Alexander J. Vincent wrote:
> I notice the WD hasn't been updated in three and a half years; since
> then, the DOM WG has released DOM Level 2 Style, including DOM
> interfaces for CSS Level 2 at-rules.  May I suggest that a revision to
> this specification include a DOM CSS interface as well
> (CSSNamespaceRule, perhaps) and a specific rule type constant for the
> CSSRule interface (NAMESPACE_RULE = 7, maybe)?

@namespace may fall into the same category as xmlns, ie it's lexical and thus
some might consider it shouldn't be exposed (for xmlns, it depends on the
interface). However given that CSSCharsetRule is there, I see no reason for that
to apply in this case. I would indeed find a CSSNamespaceRule most useful in
manipulating namespaced CSS.

Note that namespaces are now found in CSS 3 Selectors, which I guess is why the
WD is stagnating.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/