Re: [CSS2.1] Background boundaries and attachment

fantasai wrote:

> Defining "background-attachment: scroll"
>    This part taken mostly from
>      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Mar/0005.html
>
>  From http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/colors.html :
>   | If a background image is specified, this property specifies
>   | whether it is fixed with regard to the viewport ('fixed')
>   | or scrolls along with the containing block ('scroll').
>   | Note that there is only one viewport per view. If an element
>   | has a scrolling mechanism (see 'overflow'), a 'fixed'
>   | background doesn't move with the element, and a 'scroll'
>   | background doesn't move with the scrolling mechanism.
>
> I think the behavior specified here for 'scroll' is counter-
> intuitive. As an author, I would expect the background to scroll
> with the element's content just like it does for the <body>.

Another note:

As I understand it, this enforcement of "fixed"-type scrolling
behavior will also affect CSS fixed-positioned boxes, such as
layout simulating HTML frames. Meaning, you won't be able to
simulate frames with a non-fixed background.

~fantasai