RE: text-transform:capitalize

On 1 Apr 2003 at 15:55, Michel wrote:

> Although it is a nice clarification, I don't think the spec
> currently precludes the usage of titlecase for the 'capitalize'
> value. The text refers explicitly and normatively to the
> Unicode-casing data which includes titlecase. But I agree it could
> be clarified in the text.

The definition given in the current WD is:

capitalize
    Puts the first letter of each word in uppercase.

With a change to titlecase instead, I think the wording should be:

capitalize
    Puts the first letter of each word in titlecase, if it is not in
    uppercase.

The exception is so that something like DZIMA doesn't become DzIMA when
the capitalize transform is applied to it. Since an extra step
(checking to see if the letter is uppercase) is specified by this
definition, I think it could be considered as something more than a
clarification.