Re: [Suggestion] Multiple 'property' tokens in 'declaration' syntax

In
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Aug/0379.html
...Christopher Lee <cml01776@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I propose that the syntax for 'declaration' be modified to allow for
> a comma-separated list of one or more 'property' tokens so that the
> same value can be assigned to several properties at once, much like
> multiple selectors can receive the same ruleset. Example:
>
> Instead of:   P {margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em; text-indent: 1em;}
> Condense to:  P {margin-left, margin-right, text-indent: 1em;}
> /* avoids specifying a value for top and bottom margins */

This seems like a very minimal space saving with few advantages.

Authors wouldn't be able te use this syntax for at least six years
(based on the current time-to-market for CSS ideas). It makes the
syntax in my opinion more confusing to authors, and also makes the
parsing significantly more confusing.

   padding-top, color: green;

...would have to be ignored, for example. And:

   padding, border-spacing: 1em 2em;

...would have very unintuitive results.

This suggestion also removes the possibility of using commas in
declarations in future, should we find a use for them.

Other than minimal space savings, what are the advantages of this
suggestion?