Re: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Stefan Goessner (MecXpert) wrote:

> .. please can someone explain to those of us here at www-svg, what exactly
> is the problem with the X11 colors. personally i use them for over a year
> extensively with my svg files and really don't want to have my code broken
> some time.

Don't worry just yet. I haven't seen anyone suggest we remove
X11 colors from SVG, only deprecate them. Besides, SVG 1.0 is
a Recommendation, so we can't do much to it anway. I'm sure
that all SVG viewers will support X11 colors forever regardless
of what the specification says, simply because there is already
a huge amount of content out there that uses them. My guess at
the likelyhood of your code breaking (due to X11 colors anyway ;) is
zero.

> sure .. i can start reading all of the thread at www-style .. but a short
> summery of the discussion so far when involving us here would help a lot.

metoo!

Dean