Re: Custom property names: property name namespaces?

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> On 5/5/02 11:23 AM, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> This prevents chaos as caused by IE4's 'position' implementation, which was
>> based on a draft which changed before CSS2 reached PR stage, and meant that
>> documents written for IE4 totally broke on compliant implementations. This is,
>> in fact, one of the main events that spurred on these guidelines.
>
> Ian, please do not attempt to rewrite history that occurred well before you
> were even involved with CSS.

Sorry, I was trying to give it accurately -- I certainly didn't mean to
criticize Microsoft or the WG or the editors or anyone, if that's how you
interpreted my comments.

> IE4 implemented position (and top, left) as agreed and designed by the CSS
> WG in the last WD-positioning draft.

...which is what I said.

> It is more correct to say that mistakes like this in CSS2 are what spurred
> the CR exit criteria that we have for Selectors, CSS Mobile Profile 1.0, and
> AFAIAC, every other CR draft that the CSS WG will produce.

Indeed, the 'position' issue also spurred on the CR stage.

--
Ian Hickson
``The inability of a user agent to implement part of this specification due to