Re: canvas <html> <body>

On Wed, 1 May 2002 06:00:58 -0700, you wrote:

>How can a stylesheet determine which is the root, html or body ?

A CSS stylesheet does not have to determine such a thing.

One or more CSS stylesheet(s) "selects" an element and applies a
(possibly) cascaded style result to that element. That elements
"position" in the parse tree has very little to do with the final
presentation, except for the effects of CSS defined inheritance.

>When you say: if an element has not been styled. Do you mean by
>that, that the element has not been mentioned in a stylesheet?

Well, in popular speach, yes.

>I thought that it would then take on the default css properties,

It's supposed to, but browser vendors have no obligation to unite on
what is supposed to be the "default" in such a case.

--
Rex [the fox in the chicken shack]