Re: pause-before property for presentations

Dave Raggett wrote:
> The most common build effect is to reveal the
> next bullet point upon user action (hitting the space bar etc).

True, so the property would need a way to automatically get numbered sequentially.

> In the interest of keeping things simple, and building solidly on
> the existing page semantics in CSS, I would suggest something like:
>
>   pause-before:  [auto|avoid|always|inherit]
>
> with a default of "auto". The semantics of pause is to subdivide pages into visual sections with
> the intent of allowing users to progressively reveal sections on an
> implementation dependent user action.

I don't understand how 'auto', 'avoid' and 'always' differ. (FYI: 'inherit' is
now defined at the declaration syntax level and need not be mentioned in
property definitions.)

I also don't understand what this property _does_. Does it make elements
invisible? How? What order do elements reappear? etc.

There is a fatal flaw in the propsal I made, by the way: it has pseudo-classes
that depend on properties. I'll need to think about it more.