Re: conformance (was layout solutions blah blah blah)

From: Jesse McCarthy <mccarthy36@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: conformance (was layout solutions blah blah blah)
Date: Fri, Jan 25, 2002, 5:56 AM

> "Tantek Celik" <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote on 1/24/02 11:16:29 PM:
>

>>IE5/Mac was
>>released almost two years ago with fully conformant HTML4 and CSS1[1]
>> ..
>>So, I'd say that leaves the burden of proof in the naysayers' court.
>
> I guess your definition of full CSS 1 conformance somehow allows for a broken
> @import implementation?

Such remarks carry no substance without _at_a_minimum_ a URL to a valid
example that _clearly_ demonstrates the statement.

The same problem exists with simply hurling a statement like "such and such
is not compliant".

This is not comp.sys.browser.putdown. This is www-style.

Please raise your standards.

Thanks,

Tantek