From: Dave J Woolley [mailto:david.woolley@bts.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:07 AM
To: 'RUST Randal'
Subject: RE: Rendering question

> If i set the "display" property of a <div> to "none," does the User Agent
> STILL render the image?  Or does it just skip over it?
	[DJW:]
	See the specification.  (display: none applies
	recursively)

> The reason for the question is that a client has requested a "text only"
> version of the site, which is fine, but if I can use one page for both
> versions, rather than constructing two separate sites, by simply using
> Javascript to show/hide images, then that would be great.
	[DJW:]
	If they have requested text-only, chances are that
	they also one JavaScript free.

[DJW:]

--
David Woolley
BTS Holdings Limited

Tel: +44 (0)20 8401 9000	Fax: +44 (0)20 8401 9100
http://www.bts.co.uk	      http://www.bureauexpress.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of the company. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender.