Re: css layout should be symmetrical

* Manos Batsis (m.batsis@bsnet.gr) wrote:

> [...]

Not really, it feels too busy, the oddly aligned headings are rather
cumbersome, the transparency slows down page display massively
(especially in Mozilla), the overlayed menubar is distracting (I keep
running into it when reading), and the overall structure of the site is
rather opaque.

They're issues with that specific design though, not a problem with
CSS itself.  It's just rather unfortunate that no browser currently
supports alternate stylesheets to any usable degree; even Mozilla
doesn't remember what style you set.

> http://koberg.com/css.gif
>
> Well, those beautifully positioned headings show how CSS replaces the
> need for images... Besides it even works in your mac IE. Try viewing
> some serious css pages with Mozilla...

Note in IE6 that page throws up a few problems; the headings have
clipping issues and the menu bar reverts to default positioning, like
so:

http://freak.aagh.net/grabs/ie6-w3-style.png

I guess position: fixed; position: absolute; is a no-go area for the
next few years.. isn't it nice how CSS implimentation bugs are like
radioactive waste? :/

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-